Call for donations
We are making some improvements to our playground area, but we need plants!
Belmont Neighbourhood Centre is calling for donations of plants for us to use to beautify our childrens play areas. We are accepting donations of kid friendly plants, so that we can create an engaging, sensory and safe play area for children.
Donations of plants must be:
- Soft to touch – not spiky, rough or prickly
- Safe – non-toxic, low allergen
- Sensory – colorful, bright, textured, scented
- Easy to maintain – not weedy or pesky, easy to grow and look after
Donations which are not suitable for the area may be respectably declined
If that has you stumped, these are suitable:
- clumping grasses
- hardy perennial flowering shrubs (Geraniums/pelargoniums, jasmine, gardenia)
- Edibles and herbs (Lemon Verbena, Lemon Myrtle, Sage, Rosemary)
Donations can be accepted at our community garden or reception, where they will be moved and stored in an area where they will get looked after until we are ready to plant.
For more information about the project, contact Centre Coordinator Chris Brown via 4947 0031