Invitation to Parents and Carers of Adolescents.
Learn strategies and skills to improve parent – teen relationships.
Back due to popular demand, Michael from Allambi Care will be returning for a three session program for parents and carers of adolescents, and a bonus emotion coaching session.
By Allambi Care & Belmont Neighbourhood Centre
359 Pacific Highway Belmont North
When: Wednesday Evenings, 23rd May, 30th May and 6th June 2018
Time: 6pm – 8:30pm.
Cost: $20 for Workbooks and light refreshments. (Concessions available).
Participants will learn:
- Some common ground shared by parents & reasonable expectations to have about adolescents
- New understandings of adolescence
- A three-option model & flow chart for decision-making
- Self-check-in, first-for parents
- Building relationship with your teenager and making the best of your non-crisis conversations with them
- Skills for tough conversations for handling those problems you just can’t ignore
Who’s running it?
The trainer for this course is Michael Burke who works as an Adolescent & Family Counsellor for Allambi Care in the East Lake Macquarie Local Government Area.
What parents have said…
A step dad recalled an incident at the weekend with his 12 year old step daughter. He said that the input he had received the previous week from the course helped him keep his cool and brought a more favourable outcome.
A single Mum who had presented as quite anxious on the first night told the group in week 2 that she had made an appointment with her 15 year old son during the week and had had a far more favourable discussion with him than would previously have been the case.
Registration is required
Limited spaces are available, please register for this course by contacting Michael Burke on 0408 474 602.
• An end to the arguing and yelling! • It saved our lives • Simple, sane, effective •
This course is being run by a Parentshop® licensed practitioner. www.parentshop.com.au