Engaging Adolescents – Learn strategies and skills to improve parent – teen relationships.
A three-session program for parents and carers – Download the flyer here
By Allambi Care & Belmont Neighbourhood Centre
359 Pacific Highway Belmont North
When: Wednesday Evenings 1st, 8th & 15th November 2017
Time: 6pm – 8.30pm, 3 consecutive sessions
Cost: $20 for Workbooks and light refreshments. (Concessions available).
- Some common ground shared by parents & reasonable expectations to have about adolescents
- New understandings of adolescence
- A three-option model & flow chart for decision-making
- Self-check-in, first-for parents
- Building relationship with your teenager and making the best of your non-crisis conversations with them
- Skills for tough conversations for handling those problems you just can’t ignore
What parents have said…
A step dad recalled an incident at the weekend with his 12 year old step daughter. He said that the input he had received the previous week from the course helped him keep his cool and brought a more favourable outcome.
A single Mum who had presented as quite anxious on the first night told the group in week 2 that she had made an appointment with her 15 year old son during the week and had had a far more favourable discussion with him than would previously have been the case.
Who’s running it?
The trainer for this course is Michael Burke who works as an Adolescent & Family Counsellor in the East Lake Macquarie Local Government Area.
Registration is required
Limited spaces are available, please register for this course by contacting Michael Burke on 0408 474 602.