The New Neighbourhood Natters Program for Term 3 is now available
Pick up a hard copy at reception or download the flyer HERE as a PDF.
Each term we release the ‘Natters’, which contains information on all of our community programs, events and services throughout the school term.
Below is a snapshot of the new program. Plenty of events happening this term!
- NAIDOC Week 2018 – Join us at the East Lake Family Fun Day at the Pelican foreshore, as we celebrate Aboriginal Culture with our . Friday 20th July 10am – 3pm.
- R U OK DAY – A community lunch event where we will ask the question “R U OK?”. 13th September from 11:30am. $5 donation (if you are experiencing financial hardship, call us). Bookings required for catering purposes.
- Uni 4 U, learning unleashed workshop – An easy way to learn about further education at uni. It’s a fun and interactive workshop focusing on unlocking and supporting the possibilities of your family’s growth and learning. 22nd August 11:30am – 1pm. To book, call roger on 4921 6795
- Tuning In To Teens, emotionally intelligent parenting – A free six session Parenting Program for parents of adolescents. Starting Tuesday mornings starting from 31st July till the 4th of September, 10am – 12pm. To book, call Michael on 0408 474 602
- Engaging adolescents is back due to popular demand – a three session program for parents and carers, starting Wednesday
- FREE Hearing Tests – The Australian Hearing Bus will be visiting us to test your hearing for FREE! Thursday 16th August 9am – 3pm. Call 02 4947 0031 to book.
- Clean Up Working Bee – Help keep our natural areas free of rubbish and illegal dumping. Enjoy a free morning tea with the Habitat in Harmony Community Garden volunteers, all welcome. 15th August, 9am – 10:30am.
- FREE Spinal and Posture Health Talk – Dr Scott Williams from Life Rebel Chiropractic will visit our centre to do a talk on spinal health. 17th September, 10:30am.
- Hunter Homeless Connect Day – BNC will be at this great annual event, assisting people who are experiencing homelessness. 25th July, 9am – 2pm.
To download the full program, click here
More events and programs will be announced in the coming weeks. Stay tuned to our facebook page for more info.
About our programs
At the beginning of each term, we release the ‘Neighbourhood Natters’ which is a brochure of all of our regular and one-off programs. This is the best way to find out about our programs, events and services. You can download a copy via the link above, or swing by and pick up a hard copy from reception.
Our programs change depending on the needs and aspirations of our community, and the kinds of events that people want to attend. Get in touch with us if you have an idea for an event, training or a service. Our programs are often facilitated by passionate volunteers in our community, who want to make a difference in the lives of local people. We couldn’t run them without them!
If you would like to run a workshop, share your skills or participate in our programs and events, get in touch with us!
Find our contact details below, or pop into the centre for more information.