Opening Hours: Monday 9am – 3pm.
The Story About:
PlayStation Toy Library is a proud project of Belmont Neighbourhood Centre which was established in September 2011.
A Toy Library service was previously provided once per fortnight by Community Activities Lake Macquarie (CALM). The idea to set up an in house toy library was discussed when unfortunately CALM were no longer able to provide the service to the centre. We were lucky enough to have the financial and morale support of Belmont Neighbourhood Centre’s Management Commitee to purchase some of CALM’s toys at a great price.
The PlayStation name was chosen to compliment the history of the building where the Toy Library is housed. The hall was once KU PlayStation Day Care Centre, a well respected centre in our Community.
The aim of PlayStation Toy Library is to provide parents with a cost effective way for their children to experience the variety and joy of play.
The toys are aimed at 0-5 year olds and are available for hire, by donation.
General Hire Rules
- Opening hours are Mondays from 9am to 3pm via Reception. The Toy Library coordinator Fiona, is available each Monday if you have questions.
- The parent/grandparent should be a member of the Toy Library to hire toys. Membership fees are $12 and are due annually. This includes membership to Belmont Neighbourhood Centre.
- Hire is strictly for 2 weeks. Late fees will be charged at a rate of 10% of the purchas cost each week until the toy is returned.
- Hire by gold coin donation
- Whilst all care is taken it is the parents responsibility to ensure that the toy is cleaned and safe for their child. We strongly recommend the toys be disinfected before and after hire.