Public Meeting Invitation – Womens Social Gardening Group
Belmont Neighbourhood Centre invites all women to participate in a public meeting to discuss the viability of a Womens Social Gardening Group
Bookings required – call 02 4947 0031
Who is invited?
All Women from the Belmont Area and beyond are invited to attend. This public meeting will focus on the needs of women 18-55, but women aged 55+ are of course, very welcome. Women who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, LGBTIQA+, Culturally or Linguistically Diverse (CALD), have a disability or are socially isolated are warmly invited to attend.
What will we talk about?
During the meeting we will:
- Conduct a few warm up activities
- Talk about what kinds of things we might do as a social group. The group may like to just get together and chat, or to get stuck into some gardening tasks and enjoy keeping healthy in the sun.
- Understand the social needs of women
- Understand the issues that are affecting women
- Uncover the skills and passions of participants
- Generate key statements which reflect the wishes of the group
The outcome of the meeting will be a draft letter to the Belmont Neighbourhood Centre Management Committee, detailing the discussions during the public meeting and a list of actions.
Over the last few months, a handful of local women have contacted us, looking to engage in some social interaction and support. We notice that these women are kind of on-the-fringe, and are experiencing some of life’s challenges. The idea for this group came out of a want to provide an inclusive, friendly and relaxing environment, where local women can support each other while building a confident, more resilient sense of self.
At this point, Belmont Neighbourhood Centre’s aim is to provide our community garden as a venue for women to gather and socialize, and to provide referrals to support services where necessary.
You can read find the Media Release Here:
For more information, or if you would like to get involved, please contact us via 02 4947 0031
or send us an email via programs @ bnc . asn . au (just remove the spaces)