Tuning in to Teens – Emotionally Intelligent Parenting
A FREE, six-session parenting program for parents of adolescents
Michael from Allambi Care is returning to BNC to run Tuning in to Teens. Participants will learn how to be better at talking with your teen, or help your teen to manage their emotions. Tuning into Teens shows you how to help your teen develop emotional intelligence.
Adolescents with emotional intelligence:
- are more aware, assertive and strong in situations of peer pressure
- have greater success with making friends and are more able to manage conflict with peers
- are more able to cope when upset or angry
- have fewer mental health and substance abuse difficulties
- have more stable and satisfying relationships as adults
- have greater career success –
- Emotional intelligence may be a better predictor of academic and career success than IQ
Would you like to learn how to:
- be better at talking with your teen?
- be better at understanding your teen?
- help your teen learn to manage their emotions?
- help to prevent behaviour problems in your teen?
- teach your teen to deal with conflict?
Where: Belmont Neighbourhood Centre, 359 Pacific Highway Belmont North
When: Tuesday Mornings 31st July – 4th Sept 10am to 12pm.
Contact: Michael Burke 0408474602 or Leah Flanagan 0249445900.
For more about the Tuning in to Kids series, click here.