BNC’s Youth Week event was awesome!
Each year, Belmont Neighbourhood Centre hosts an event to celebrate the contribution of young people to our community. This years event focused on Self-empowerment, healthy eating, well being, mental health and social connectedness.
About 30 youth participants joined us for some group activities:
- Lifeline spoke about tips and tools to manage anxiety and mental health
- Department of Fair Trading spoke about consumer rights and online shopping
- Leesa provided hand massage and pampering
- Sarah from Community Activities Lake Macquarie facilitated ice breakers and interactive games
- We made a delicious and nutritious stir fry for lunch
- and had fun in the photo booth!
Here are some of the photographs from the Photo Booth and of the different presenters on the day.